Signs That Are Positive Indication Of An Overdose

0
124

Your body is smart enough to realise what product in how much quantity is required by it. Anything more than required can be very harmful.

What Is An Overdose?

Overdose is when you consume more than normal or required amount of any substance. The overdose can either be accidental or intentional. When you consume a substance by accident, then it is considered to be an accidental overdose. But, when you do it intentionally, either in peer pressure or to reduce your stress, it is considered to be an intentional overdose.

What Are The Risks Associated With Drug Overdose?

There are many risk factors associated with a drug overdose. Let us acknowledge some of these factors-

1.     Addiction:

Drugs can cause addiction and when consumed in large quantities, can harm your body very badly. You should always consume the drugs prescribed to you in the right quantity.

2.     Risk for children:

Children are generally unaware of their surroundings. They don’t know what is good for them and what is bad.Drugs which is not stored properly can be an easy target for them. They can easily consume the drug which can turn out to be very harmful to them.

3.     Not reading the instructions given:

Most of the cases of drug overdose is because people don’t follow that instructions given to them. Every drug comes with a certain set of instructions which clearly tells about the quantity of drug that needs to be consumed at what timing. Therefore, it is important that you follow all the instructions properly.

What Are The Signs Of An Overdose?

The signs and symptoms of an overdose depends on various factors such as the type of drug consumed, quantity of drug consumed, state of health, age, etc.

Common symptoms of an overdose include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, chest pain, loss of balance, hallucination, choking, blue nails and skin, limp body, seizures, etc. These symptoms can vary from person to person depending on how their body reacts to a certain drug. Drug overdose can affect your health in the most severe way. Therefore, you need to be careful.